Polaris 9550 Sport Swimming Pool Robotic Pool Cleaner F9550
4WD Robotic Cleaner with 7-Day Program and Remote
The Top-of-the-line 4WD robotic pool cleaner featuring Easy Lift System, motion-sensing handheld remote, dirty canister indicator, and Vortex Vacuum technology for best-in-class cleaning performance.
The 9550 Sport 4WD provides best-in-class cleaning performance and features. The absolute top-of-the-line 9550 Sport tackles any pool terrain, climbs steps and walls, and scrubs tile line with a solid-blade scrubbing brush. One of the distinct advantages of 9550 Sport is the smart 7-day programmable timer, with fully customizable cleaning cycles that allows pool owners to set it and forget it. With just a simple setting, you can clean the pool as frequently as you like and enjoy a pleasant, healthy pool all the time. In addition, the new and intuitive motion sensing remote puts the cleaning control in the palm of your hand. Just point and direct the 9550 Sport to any desired location in the pool and you will never miss a spot. It is also the only model in the family that features a dirty canister indicator.
The 9550 Sport cleans pools up to 60′ in length. It includes a new premium, compact transport caddy that can be assembled in just minutes without using any tools. Model is backed by a 2 year limited warranty.
- Motion-Sensing Remote – Responsive cleaning control in the palm of your hand.
- Easy Lift System – With the touch of a button the 9550 surfaces to a desired location and waits for you to grab it, then automatically evacuates water for effortless removal from the pool.
- Dirty Canister Indicator – No more guess work. Know immediately when it’s time to empty the filter canister.
- Vortex Vacuum Technology – Keeps debris suspended for long-lasting suction and superior cleaning performance.
- Easy Clean Filter Canister – debris can easily be emptied with a simple shake and spray convenience.
- 7-day programmable timer – fully customizable set it and forget it cleaning modes.
- ActivMotion Sensor® – automatically controls robot’s position at all times, allowing complete cleaning coverage without any hang ups.
- 4-Wheel Drive Technology – cleans pool floor, walls, and scrubs tile line with a solid-blade scrubbing brush.
- Waterline Only Cleaning Cycle – for isolated tile line scrubbing.
|Easy Lift System||Yes|
|Easy Clean Filter Canister||Yes|
|Vortex Vacuum Technology||Yes|
|Remote Control||Yes. Motion-Sensing|
|Cleaning Cycle||7-Day Programmable|
|Cleaning Modes||Floor, Floor/Wall, Waterline Only, Custom|
|Dirty Canister Indicator||Yes|
|Rear Water Cleaning Stream||Yes|
|Cable Length||70′ Cable / 60′ Pool|
|F9550||Polaris 9550 Sport Robotic Cleaner|
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Is the All Purpose Filter Canister the only option for the cleaner?
No. We also offer the following:
1. Leaf Canister (R0535900) with coarse mesh, or
2. Ultra Fine Sand/Silt Canister (R0535800) with very fine mesh.
Cable is tangling in the pool.
There is too much cable length in the water. Do not unravel the entire cable length. Place only the required length of cable in the water and place the rest on the side of the pool. Follow the procedure in “Cord Tangling” in the manual to avoid and correct tangled cord. View Video »
Canister indicator stays on even when a clean canister is inserted. What should I do?
1. Check the canister again to make sure that the mesh screen is not clogged by fine debris. Spray the canister with water if necessary.
2. Check the flow outlet screen and remove any debris that may block flow. If the problem persists, contact our Technical Support team at 800-822-7933.
The cleaner does not or no longer climbs the pool sides.
1. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see “Cleaning the Filter Canister” in manual. View Video »
2. Sides of pool are slippery or slimy. Although the water seems clear, microscopic algae, invisible to the human eye, are present in the pool. As a result the pool sides become slippery and prevent the cleaner from climbing. Check tires for wear and replace as necessary. Do a shock chlorination treatment and slightly reduce the pH. DO NOT leave the cleaner in the pool during this treatment.
The cleaner does not stay firmly on the pool bottom.
1. There is air in the appliance casing. Submerge the cleaner following the procedure in “Submerging the Cleaner” in the manual.
2. The filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister, see “Cleaning the Filter Canister” in manual. View Video »
The cleaner is not cleaning effectively.
1. The brushes have become smooth or the “wear” indicator shows. Replace the brushes following the procedure in “Replacing the Brushes” in the manual.
2. Filter canister is full or dirty. Clean the filter canister following the procedure in “Cleaning the Filter Canister” in the manual. View Video »
3. Make sure the floating cable is spread out over the pool. Ensure the cable is not too tightly wrapped or coiled when storing. If the problem persists, lay the cable straight in the sun to relax it and remove kinks. View Video »
What should I do when the dirty filter canister indicator light is on?
1. The dirty filter canister lights up when the canister is full or partially clogged. Turn off the cleaner, empty debris, and spray canister to clear fine debris from canister.
2. The control unit will reset itself when the dirty canister is replaced with a clean one. Press start/stop button to make sure that the indicator light is off.
The flashing indicator lights (9350/P935) or error code on the display (9450/P945, 9550/P955) appear just after start (either pressing Power or Cycle button for less than 20 seconds).
1. Unplug floating cable from the control unit and reconnect.
2. Remove cleaner from the pool and re-submerge, see “Submerging the Cleaner” in the manual.
3. Propellor or wheels may be jammed and not turning correctly. Contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.
The flashing lights appear during the cleaning cycle.
Cleaner may be sucking air (lights will appear after 60 seconds air intake). Remove cleaner from the pool and re-submerge, see “Submerging the Cleaner” in the manual. View Video »
On startup the cleaner does not move.
1. The outlet, the control unit is connected to, is not supplying electrical power. Check that the outlet to which the control unit is connected is receiving electricity.
2. Check that you have started one (1) of the two (2) programs and check that the indicator for the selected program is lit. If the indicator light is not lit, turn the wheels then disconnect the control unit and wait at least 20 seconds before reconnecting. If the problem persists, contact Polaris Technical Support at (USA) 1-800-822-7933.
Will my cleaner still operate when the Dirty Filter Canister Indicator light is on?
Your cleaner will continue to operate with the light on, but it may not clean effectively. If the canister is completely clogged, the cleaner may shut down, resulting in Error 4 on control unit.